For the first time, Jake and I were "selected" to be tour guides for XANGO Distributors visiting our world headquarters. On Thursday, my most congested and achy day, we led six tours through the building in our best skinny-guy suits. We met some very nice folks, whom we would run into from time to time up at the Salt Palace later in the week. It was fun, or neat, (yes, those are the best words to describe it) having people recognize us as their XANGO tour guides.
Friday brought the real meaty stuff. Lots of it. I woke up at sick six a.m. feeling like an old man. It took a good long shower to wake up my joints, but, surprisingly, by noon I was feeling much better. Between Friday and Saturday, Jake and I managed to post 24 corporate blog entries chronicling all the major announcements and activities, including the complete refresh of the XANGO brand.
At the top of my list of announcements, and probably most people's, was the new product launches. For these, the creative team (to which I technically don't belong after a few department shuffles) put together, in my opinion, some of XANGO's very best work. This year's convention theme was GO!, and it was all done in an innocent, happy, retro-'60s sort of way. I've embedded all the product commercials/jingles below for your enjoyment:
The new spa-inspired Juni by XANGO®
Precis™ targeted nutrition
Glimpse Luminescence Collection™
XANGO 3SIXTY5™ Kids
GO Green, centered on XANGO's new eco-friendly packaging for XANGO® Juice
Cassie and I have been using some of the sample formulas from the new Juni, and we're really liking them. At any rate, if my family readers are interested in trying out these new products—maybe the guys want some Precis™ Men's Health, the women want some Bone Health, the parents want some 3SIXTY5™ Kids, the epidermians want some Glimpse® Luminescence—let me know and I'll keep you posted on when I can get them.
The new spa-inspired Juni by XANGO®
Precis™ targeted nutrition
Glimpse Luminescence Collection™
XANGO 3SIXTY5™ Kids
GO Green, centered on XANGO's new eco-friendly packaging for XANGO® Juice
Cassie and I have been using some of the sample formulas from the new Juni, and we're really liking them. At any rate, if my family readers are interested in trying out these new products—maybe the guys want some Precis™ Men's Health, the women want some Bone Health, the parents want some 3SIXTY5™ Kids, the epidermians want some Glimpse® Luminescence—let me know and I'll keep you posted on when I can get them.
But back to me. Since I can't take a lick of credit for those video spots (I mean, if I really tried, I could talk about my influence over the years helping to mold the brand, to create the culture of the original creative department, and to attract some of the people (who had major roles in the making of the videos) to XANGO... but that would be giving myself way too much credit), I want to link over to the big (digital) Convention edition of GO magazine for which I acted as content editor. This is my, to use a Bulgarian word meaning "masterpiece," shtedyover (give the PDFs a few seconds to load). You can click on any of the four different covers, and they'll all lead you to basically the same digital edition of GO. Jake Wilhelmsen, Dave Webb, Elizabeth Weight, and Maggie Franz all contributed greatly to the magazine.
Lastly, during all of last week's fullness, I also received a printed copy of Community magazine containing my first-ever paid freelance story (p54), complete with byline! It's just an itty article about the National Audubon Society, but I love everything about it.
And that's what Dad has been working on.
Thanks Clint. Now I feel up to date. Sorry you did all of that with you & Vinny sick. Veggie starbursts. What will you guys think of next? SIgn me up for the bone stuff. Sounds like you & Cassie need a vacation.
ReplyDelete